Port Lincoln Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Port Lincoln?
Port Lincoln Tourism
Port Lincoln, also known as the seafood capital of Australia, is located on the southern coast of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The city boasts stunning natural landscapes and a plethora of exciting tourist attractions. Here are some of the best things to see and do in and around Port Lincoln.
1. Lincoln National Park - Located on the southernmost tip of the Eyre Peninsula, the Lincoln National Park offers a unique combination of rugged coastal scenery, dramatic granite headlands, and pristine beaches. The park is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including emus, kangaroos, and echidnas. Contact: (08) 8688 3111.
2. Mikkira Station - This historic 1840s homestead is a must-visit attraction for history buffs. It was built by Englishman Edward Elder who named the property after his Finnish wife. The station is home to a colony of wild koalas, making it an excellent spot for wildlife enthusiasts. Contact: (08) 8688 3111.
3. Whalers Way - This scenic drive offers breathtaking vistas of the rugged coastline and the Southern Ocean. The 14-kilometer route takes visitors through a series of dramatic headlands and secluded coves, with ample opportunities for sightseeing and photography. Contact: (08) 8688 3111.
4. Glen-Forest Tourist Park - This popular tourist destination offers a vast array of activities for families and kids, including animal encounters, mini-golf, and pony rides. Visitors can also enjoy a relaxing picnic in the beautiful gardens. Contact: (08) 8682 8268.
5. Boston Bay Wines - Located in the heart of Port Lincoln, the Boston Bay Wines offers visitors a unique opportunity to taste a range of award-winning wines. There’s an onsite restaurant serving delicious food and offering wine tasting sessions to visitors. Contact: (08) 8682 6635.
6. Port Lincoln National Park - This beautiful park offers breathtaking landscape views with few visitors. Visitors can enjoy the cultural heritage of the area during a drive through the park or by viewing whales during whale watching tours for amazing encounters with one of the most magnificent animals on Earth. Contact: (08) 8688 3111.
7. Axel Stenross Maritime Museum - This museum is dedicated to the life and work of Axel Stenross, a renowned Swedish boat builder. It’s an essential destination for maritime enthusiasts, with a vast collection of boats and fishing equipment on display. Contact: 0499 977 622.
8. Parnkalla Walking Trail - The Parnkalla Walking Trail is a scenic 10-kilometer trail between the Port Lincoln lookout and the marina. The trail offers amazing views of the city skyline, Lincoln Cove Marina, the harbor and the Flinders Ranges. It's an excellent opportunity for a leisurely stroll or a brisk jog.
9. Winter Hill Lookout - This lookout point provides stunning views of the city and the harbor. It’s an ideal location for picnics and sunset viewing sessions. The lookout is also a popular spot for hang gliding and paragliding. Contact: (08) 8212 6966.
10. Coffin Bay National Park - Located on the western side of the Eyre Peninsula, Coffin Bay National Park is a haven for nature lovers. The park is home to a wide range of birdlife and is a popular destination for fishing, hiking, and camping. Visitors can also enjoy scenic boat tours to explore the untouched coastlines. Contact: (08) 8688 3111.
Port Lincoln is a city that offers an immense range of attractions for tourists. From wildlife encounters to scenic drives, cultural heritage, and wine tasting, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful destination. Plan your next holiday in Port Lincoln today!
Port Lincoln Tourism Articles